At Yoplait Canada Corporation ("Yoplait Canada"), we are very sensitive to the privacy concerns of our consumers and want you to be aware of how we treat personal information. This Privacy Notice explains the manner in which we collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you (such as your name, email address or phone number) only when you voluntarily provide it to us. Depending on the purpose for which the information was provided, we may use the information to communicate with you regarding our products, services and promotions, to provide you with other information that you request, and/or to improve our product and service offerings.
Here are the ways in which we obtain personal information from our consumers, the types of information we obtain, and how we use the information:
- If you contact one of our Consumer Services Representatives by phone, postal mail, email or through one of our websites, we may ask you for personal information such as your name, address, phone number or email address so that we can respond to your questions or comments. We may retain this information for a reasonable period of time to better assist you the next time you contact us, for training purposes, or for internal research and analysis purposes.
- You may be asked to provide personal information if you:
- register for a sweepstakes, contest or other game by mail, on one of our websites or on a promotional partner’s website;
- participate in a survey, a consumer research panel or similar type of activity either online or offline;
- ask to receive an online newsletter or other information from Yoplait Canada; or
- otherwise participate in features of our websites (or a promotional partner’s websites) that ask for personal information.
- Your participation in these activities (and therefore your provision of personal information) is entirely voluntary. We may use and then retain your personal information for a reasonable period of time in order to administer the sweepstakes or contest, to fulfill your request, or to provide better products and services to our consumers.
- If you purchase or otherwise request a product, publication or promotional offering from us or take advantage of a rebate or similar offer, you may be required to provide your contact and/or payment information (such as a credit card number) in order for us to process your request. We may use and then retain this information for a reasonable period of time for internal research and analysis purposes, to improve our product or promotional offerings, or to make it available for future transactions with you.
We may employ cookie technology, web beacons and similar devices on our websites to facilitate site administration and navigation and to provide an enhanced online experience for the consumer. Information tracked through these mechanisms includes but is not limited to (1) a user’s IP address (e.g., yahoo.com - 192.168.1.1), (2) the type of web browser (e.g., Microsoft Explorer) and operating system (e.g., Windows or Linux) being used, (3) the pages of the website a user visits, and (4) other websites a user visited before visiting our site.
Cookies do NOT contain your name or your email address. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to do so or to notify the user when a cookie is being sent. If you wish to disable cookies, refer to your browser help menu to learn how to disable cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features on our websites.
Web beacons are 1x1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited a particular web page or to access certain cookies. We may use web beacons on our websites to count users and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. Being able to access our cookies allows us to personalize our website and improve your experience at our website. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted email messages that we send to determine which email messages were opened. Like cookies, web beacons do NOT collect or contain your name or your email address.
When Might Yoplait Canada Provide Other Parties with Your Personal Information?
We may share your personal information with other parties if you consent to us sharing such information with third parties. Except as expressly set forth in this Privacy Notice or as required by law, we will not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose any of your personal information to any third party without your consent. We may provide your personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. These parties may use the information solely in conjunction with the specific services they provide for us (e.g., fulfillment of an order, responding to your question or comment, providing a sweepstakes prize, deployment of a consumer survey, investigation of a complaint, etc.).
How Does Yoplait Canada Protect the Security of Your Personal Information?
We provide reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We will maintain the strict confidentiality of all personal information we collect, and will only disclose such information to Yoplait Canada employees and third parties as set forth in this Privacy Notice or as required by law. We will only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary for the purposes described above or as otherwise required by law.
Links To Other Sites
Changes In Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at our discretion at any time. Please check back from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any updates or changes in this Privacy Notice. Your personal information will be used and/or disclosed in accordance with the Privacy Notice posted at the time we collected your personal information. Should we need your consent to use your information in a manner other than was identified at the time of collection, we will contact you by email or otherwise to inform you of the change to our Privacy Notice.
How To Contact Us or Withdraw Consent
If you would like to withdraw your consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information, if you would like to access and/or correct your personal information, or if you have questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, call us at 1-800-754-3517 and ask for the Privacy Officer or write to: Chief Privacy Officer, Yoplait Canada, 5825 Explorer Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 5P6.